HOME |   Help |    All collections |  ...by Institution | Contact Us |  About This Collection |    Rights |    From

A service of the Illinois State Library and the Office of the Illinois Secretary of StateILLINOIS DIGITAL ARCHIVES

 

Rockford Public Library

   
  Records 1 to 51 of 132   | Next records -->

  1. "Books for Ammunition," Rockford Public Library ink blotter
    "Books for Ammunition," Rockford Public Library ink blotter

  2. Andrews Wire and Iron Works
    Photograph of office at Andrews Wire and Iron Works

  3. Andrews Wire and Iron Works
    Photograph of lunchroom at Andrews Wire and Iron Works

  4. Andrews Wire and Iron Works
    Photograph of interior of Andrews Wire and Iron Works

  5. Andrews Wire and Iron Works
    Photograph of interior of Andrews Wire and Iron Works

  6. Andrews Wire and Iron Works
    Photograph of office at Andrews Wire and Iron Works. Charles Andrews Sr. and Charles Andrews Jr. pictured at desk.

  7. Andrews Wire and Iron Works
    Photograph of interior of Andrews Wire and Iron Works

  8. Andrews Wire and Iron Works
    Photograph of interior of Andrews Wire and Iron Works

  9. Andrews Wire and Iron Works
    Photograph of interior of Andrews Wire and Iron Works

  10. Andrews Wire and Iron Works
    Photograph of interior of Andrews Wire and Iron Works

  11. Andrews Wire and Iron Works
    Photograph of group of men standing in front of Andrews Wire and Iron Works building. Man in front with light colored suit and short striped tie and boater probably Charles Andrews Jr.

  12. Andrews Wire and Iron Works
    Photograph of Andrews Wire and Iron Works building at 1800 Factory (now Preston Street)

  13. Andrews Wire and Iron Works
    Photograph of interior of Andrews Wire and Iron Works

  14. Andrews Wire and Iron Works
    Photograph of group of men in front of Andrews Wire and Iron Works building.

  15. Andrews Wire and Iron Works
    Photograph of interior of Andrews Wire and Iron Works

  16. Andrews Wire and Iron Works
    Photograph of interior of Andrews Wire and Iron Works

  17. Andrews Wire Company
    Photograph of interior of Andrews Wire Company

  18. Andrews Wire Company
    Photograph of interior of Andrews Wire Company

  19. Andrews Wire Company
    Photograph of interior of Andrews Wire Company

  20. Andrews Wire Company football team
    Photograph of football players associated with Andrews Wire Company

  21. Barnum's Parade: Elephants
    View of a circus parade taken from "window of Dr. Karned's office, 200 block of West State Street, Rockford, on August 29, 1896."

  22. Barnum's Procession
    View of a circus parade taken from west end of State Street Bridge, looking west, Rockford, August 29, 1890.

  23. Birds eye view from courthouse, looking south
    Church in right foreground is Second Congregational; beyond it can be seen the spire of the First German Lutheran Church. The intersection is South Church Street and Chestnut Street.

  24. Birdseye view from courthouse, looking north east
    First Baptist Church on left, First Presbyterian Church right center. Chimney of water works to the right of First Presbyterian, the street is North Church Street.

  25. Brown's Hall handbill, 1869
    Brown's Hall was located in the 100 block of West State Street, northeast corner of West State and North Wyman.

  26. Brown's Hall Handbill, 1869
    Brown's Hall was the principal entertainment venue in Rockford, 1864-1881. Operated by Dr. J. P. Norman and built in 1864, it was located in the 100 block of West State Street, northeast corner of West State and North Wyman.

  27. Brown's Hall handbill, 1869
    Brown's Hall was located in the 100 block of West State Street, northeast corner of West State and North Wyman.

  28. Brown's Hall handbill, 1869
    Brown's Hall was located in the 100 block of West State Street, northeast corner of West State and North Wyman.

  29. Brown's Hall handbill, 1870
    Brown's Hall was located in the 100 block of West State Street, northeast corner of West State and North Wyman.

  30. Brown's Hall handbill, 1871
    In the aftermath of the Chicago Fire of October, 1871, Rockford raised money to help the people of the stricken city.

  31. Buildings on East State Street, Rockford
    South side of 300 block, East State Street, Rockford, circa 1873

  32. Camp Grant Area Map (Rockford, Illinois)
    Map of Camp Grant, World War II, Rockford, Illinois. Appears to be based on a 7.5 quadrangle map.

  33. Chestnut Street: William Brown Building, Nelson Hotel
    View looking east. William Brown Building built 1891, Nelson Hotel built 1892. View circa 1900.

  34. Chick's Mills in High Water
    Built by Moses Bartlett about 1862, these flour mills were located in the 500 block of South Madison Street. They were acquired by John G. Chick in 1871 and were operated by him until 1889, then by his son-in-law Joseph Autes until 1927. The milling business operated as the Rockford Grain and Milling Company until 1936. Photo circa 1880.

  35. Course of Study for the Public Schools of Rockford, 1879 - p.01
    After 1854, the public schools of Rockford were operated by the City Council, through an appointed Board of School Inspectors. When this curriculum was adopted in 1879, the city had about 12,000 population and ten public schools, including two high schools, one on each side of the river.

  36. Course of Study For the Public Schools of Rockford, 1879 - p.02 - 03
    See text for p.01

  37. Course of Study For the Public Schools of Rockford, 1879 - p.04 - 05
    See text for p.01

  38. Course of Study For the Public Schools of Rockford, 1879 - p.06 - 07
    See text for p.01

  39. Course of Study For the Public Schools of Rockford, 1879 - p.08 - 09
    See text for p.01

  40. Course of Study For The Public Schools of Rockford, 1879 - p.10
    See text for p.01

  41. Court Street Methodist Church, Rockford
    This building, corner of North Court and Mulberry Streets, was dedicated May 1887, circa 1900

  42. East Bank of Rock River Below State Street Bridge
    This view is centered on the Rockford Watch Company, 1880, looking southwest from the west bank.

  43. East Rockford School and Adams School
    East Rockford School (1857) served as the East Side High School until the centralized Rockford High School was created in 1884. It served as an elementary school until replaced by Adams (later Freeman) School, built 1892, and was afterwards razed. Corner Fourth Avenue and Fifth Streets.

  44. Fair of 1879: View 1
    The 25th Annual Winnebago County Fair was held at the fairgrounds in Rockford in mid-September. The Rockford Rifles, Illinois National Guard gave several displays of drilling. Some of their members can be seen here.

  45. Fair of 1879: View 2
    This view shows a portion of the baseball diamond at the Winnebago County Fairgrounds, Rockford, in September 1879. The field probably looks much as it did when the Forest City Baseball Club played here in 1865-1871.

  46. Fifes and Drums, Sons of Union Veterans
    The Fife and Drum Corps, John A. Logan Camp No. 26, Sons of Union Veterans, are ready for a parade in front of Memorial Hall, Rockford, circa 1915.

  47. First State Street Bridge, Rockford
    This bridge was built in 1845 and replaced by a covered bridge in 1854. View looking west, part of a restaurant sign visible ("Farmer's Recess"). Earliest known photograph of Rockford.

  48. Fort Brady Group Picture (Michigan)
    Ft.Brady, Mich. This is about half of the group who came to Camp Grant in Feb. 1941

  49. Frank G. Morgan's Flour and Feed Store
    Frank G. Morgan operated this business at the southwest corner of West State and South Church Street (500 block of West State) from 1887-1901.

  50. Freight Office Interior
    Probably the Adams Express Company, 322 South Main Street. The calendar gives the date as May 1909.

  Records 1 to 51 of 132   | Next records -->