The Mercury Studio collection consists of thousands of photograph negatives taken for the years 1946 to the 1990s. The majority of the images were taken during the 1960s and 1970s. The collection was first started by Walter Bubnis and eventually was purchased by James Woodruff. The Sangamon Valley Collection acquired this collection after Woodruff's death in 2004. The collection consists of a variety of images including street scenes, businesses, weddings, conventions, portraits and social events. For further information, please contact Lincoln Library.
About IDA in general -->
Contact Lincoln Library, 327 South 7th Street, Springfield, Illinois, (217) 753-4900 for information concerning copyright restrictions applying to the use or reproduction of this image Digitization of this collection was developed pursuant to a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant awarded by the Illinois State Library, an Office of the Secretary of State using funds provided by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act .