The Springfield Aviation Company Collection, 1927-1955, was donated to the Sangamon Valley Collection at Lincoln Library in May 1995 by Craig Isbell, former co-manager of the company. Isbell formed a partnership with Gelder Lockwood in the late 1920s and operated this company at Springfield's Southwest Airport. This airport was first called Commercial Airport and later Municipal Airport. It continued as a private airfield after the opening of Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport in 1947. The collection is comprised of several hundred photographs, publications and newspaper clippings related to the company and aviation in Springfield.
These digital images, made available by the Sangamon Valley Collection at the Lincoln Library (Springfield), are of photographs from this collection.
About IDA in general -->
Contact Lincoln Library, 327 South 7th Street, Springfield, Illinois, (217) 753-4900 for information concerning copyright restrictions applying to the use or reproduction of this image.