Items placed in the cornerstone of the first Mount Prospect Public Library building at Busse and Emerson Streets in a ceremony on March 24, 1950. The copper box containing the items was removed from the cornerstone when demolition of the building began in 2002. The box was opened in a ceremony held November 21, 2002. The contents range in date from 1942 to 1950 and include newspaper clippings, reports, brochures, and miscellaneous printed items.
Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG), 300 DPI, 8-bit gray-scale (256 grays), Agfa Arcus II, Adobe Photoshop v.6.0