the containment device fails to contain the entire release, the release is an
"unauthorized release requiring reporting."
B. Unauthorized Releases Requiring Recording
1. Unauthorized releases requiring recording shall be reported to the Pekin Fire
Department within 24 hours after the release has been, or should have been detected.
2. The incident report shall be accompanied by a written record including the following
a. The type, quantities, and concentration of regulated substances released.
b. Method of cleanup.
c. Method and location of disposal of the released regulated substances including
whether a hazardous waste manifest(s) is used.
d. Method of future release prevention or repair. If this involves a change in operation,
monitoring, or management, the owner must apply for a new Operating Permit.
e. Facility operator's name and telephone number.
3. The Pekin Fire Department shall review the information submitted pursuant to the
report of an unauthorized release requiring recording, shall review the Operating Permit,
and may inspect the facility. The Pekin Fire Department shall either find that the
containment standards of this Ordinance can continue to be achieved or shall
recommend the revocation of the permit until appropriate modifications are made to
allow compliance with the standards.
C. Unauthorized releases Requiring Reporting
1. Unauthorized releases requiring reporting shall be verbally reported to the Pekin Fire
2. A written report shall be submitted promptly thereafter containing the following
information that is known at the time of filing the report:
a. List of type, quantity, and concentration of regulated substances released.
b. The results of all investigations completed at that time to determine the extent of soil
or groundwater or surface water contamination because of the release.
c. Method of cleanup implemented to date, proposed cleanup actions and approximate
cost of actions taken to date.
d. Method and location of disposal of the released regulated substance and any
contaminated soils, groundwater, or surface water.
e. Proposed method of repair or replacement of the containment device.
f. Facility owner's name and telephone number.
3. Until cleanup is complete, the owner shall submit reports containing the reporting
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.