ILLINOIS REGISTER 3367
HEALTH FACILITIES PLANNING BOARD
NOTICE OF ADOPTED AMENDMENTS
3) "Maternity Care" means a subcategory of obstetric service related to the
medical care of the patient prior to and during the act of giving birth either
to a living child or to a dead fetus and to the continuing medical care of
both patient and newborn infant under the direction of a physician in
behalf of the patient by physicians, nurses, and other professional and
4) "Maternity Facility or Unit" means an entire facility or a distinct part of a
facility which provides a program of maternity and newborn care and
which is designed, equipped, organized, and operated in accordance with
the requirements of the Hospital Licensing Act.
5) "Obstetric Gynecological Care" means a subcategory of obstetric service
where medical care is provided to clean gynecological, surgical, or
medical cases which are admitted to a postpartum section of an obstetric
unit in accordance with the requirements of the Hospital Licensing Act.
6) "Obstetric Service" means a category of service pertaining to the medical
or surgical care of maternity and newborn patients or medical or surgical
cases which may be admitted to a postpartum unit.
1) "Designated Pediatric Beds" means beds within the facility which are
primarily used for pediatric patients and are not a component part of a
distinct pediatric unit as defined in subsection (c)(2) below.
2) "Pediatric Facility or Distinct Pediatric Unit" means an entire facility or a
distinct unit of a facility, where the nurses' station services only that unit,
which provides a program of pediatric service and is designed, equipped,
organized and operated to render medical-surgical care to the 0-14 age
3) "Pediatric Service" means a category of service for the delivery of
treatment pertaining to the non-intensive medical-surgical care of a
pediatric patient (0-14 years in age) performed at the direction of a
physician in behalf of the patient by physicians, dentists, nurses, and other
professional and technical personnel.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.