• The vast majority of underrepresented students had positive opinions about their campus climate as a whole.
• A large majority of underrepresented students feel that faculty treat all students the same.
• Underrepresented students are concerned about the continued availability of financial aid and the lack of diversity in faculty and staff.
• Underrepresented student perceptions of campus racial climate are, for the most part, positive. However, many students from underrepresented groups believe problems do exist on campus.
• Since attending college, a majority of underrepresented students indicated an improvement in their attitude toward others of different race and ethnicities. However, a significant percentage indicated there had been no change in their attitude.
Initiatives to Improve Representation
The report contains information on major statewide and institutional initiatives undertaken during the past year to improve student and staff representation. Campus initiatives are presented for four underrepresented populations: minority students, female students, students with disabilities, and underrepresented faculty/staff.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.