Organization of the School District.
The school district number 109 was organized in the year 1860.
As far back as can be traced the first school house was situated opposite of Mr. Bert Easton’s farm. It was built crudely of rough boards. The first “town” school (1870) was what is now the home of Mrs. Landau. Conveniences such as we have now were then unknown.
Even the school that was built later at Anderson’s corner consisted of one room. It wasn’t until the year 1880 that they raised the roof and another room was added.
The school was financed then practically the same as at the present times. Directors were elected and taxes were made for the support of the school. However some was donated.