Back of card: "The Cottage" was built in 1824 by the great-great grandfather of the present occupants. Adjoining the 20 room house is the 1000 acre plantation. The house, with many original furnishings, is now open to the public. To reach house, go south from Baton Rouge to Louisiana State University. Take road from stadium to Mississippi River levee, turn left and follow levee 4 Â½ miles.