Office of the Illinois State Treasurer
Judy Baar Topinka
Request for Proposals
Fixed Asset Tracking System
May 22, 2003
The Office of the Illinois State Treasurer (“Treasurer”) desires to improve the efficiency
of tracking and inventory of fixed assets held by the office.
The Treasurer plans to contract with the vendor to provide a system to track and
inventory fixed assets.
1.1 Fixed Asset Tracking System
The chosen system will be required to:
• Operate in the current computer environment in the Treasurer’s Office (see
• Be GASB 34/35 compliant
• Have designated or user defined fields for the following items: Tag number,
Voucher number, 16 digit Appropriation code, Description, Serial number,
Value, Location, and Purchase date.
• Customize specific reports as required by state statute or flexible report writer
to create the necessary reports
• Ability to integrate with future improvements to the accounts payable system
• Use hand held devices to read bar coded inventory tags.
• Include pricing for four hand held devices for completion of physical
The hand held devices need to be able to load information to match items
as inventory is completed and show missing items from specific locations.
• Maintain a history of transactions for individual assets