Office of the Illinois State Treasurer
Judy Baar Topinka
Requests for Proposals
Hispanic Outreach Services for the Unclaimed Property Division RFP
March 2, 2005
The Office of the Illinois State Treasurer (“Treasurer”) recognizes the need for a Hispanic outreach services consultant for the Unclaimed Property Division. The purpose of this Request for Proposals (“RFP”) is to enter into an agreement with a vendor to provide outreach services to assist our Office.
The Treasurer plans to contract with the vendor to provide these services from March 17, 2005 through September 15, 2005.
Upon expiration of this term, the Treasurer, in her discretion, may elect to extend the relationship for a period of time with terms agreed upon by the parties, consistent with Procurement Regulations.
1. Description of Project/Need for Services
The chosen Vendor will:
• Participate in the development, implementation and assessment of strategies to inform potential owners of unclaimed property, particularly Hispanic residents of the County of Cook in the State of Illinois, about the services of the Unclaimed Property Division;
• Participate in general outreach duties and make public presentations to Hispanic community groups and associations;
• Act as a liaison between the Treasurer and the Hispanic community in matters related to the Unclaimed Property Division;
• Utilize contacts in the Hispanic community as well as customer-service skills which will aid in achieving the Treasurer’s objectives.