Office of the Illinois State Treasurer
Judy Baar Topinka
Request for Proposals
Consulting Services for the Unclaimed Property Division
November 15, 2002
The Office of the Illinois State Treasurer (“Treasurer”) recognizes that Illinois
Citizens who are owners of Unclaimed Property held by the State of Illinois will benefit
by having their property returned to them by the Treasurer. The purpose of this Request
for Proposals (“RFP”) is to enter into an agreement with a vendor to provide consulting
services to the Unclaimed Property Division.
The Treasurer plans to contract with the vendor to provide these services for a period of
Upon expiration of this term, the Treasurer, in her discretion, may elect to extend the
relationship for a period of time with terms agreed upon by the parties, consistent with
1.1 Consulting Service
The chosen vendor will:
• Provide consulting services for the Unclaimed Property Division, which are
designed to increase the efficiency of the Unclaimed Property Division.
• Evaluate system effectiveness, recommend improvements and lead project
teams to implement changes.
• Work with the Legal Division and Unclaimed Property Division Staff to
update division policies and procedures.
• Address any audit findings.
• Have a legal background, experience in handling matters related to the Illinois
Uniform Disposition of Unclaimed Property Act, excellent oral and written
communication skills and experience in governmental relations and program
• Have general familiarity with the Illinois Probate Code to assist in developing
heir claim procedures for the Unclaimed Property Division.