Printed by authority of the State of Illinois. January 2008 – 1 – C 336
• All corporate businesses owing past due franchise tax or license fees to the
State of Illinois are eligible.
• The amnesty period will be in effect starting February 1, 2008 through the end
of business March 17, 2008.
• Participants must file a petition form, complete filing forms, and pay all
overdue franchise taxes and filing fees.
• Amnesty will provide forgiveness from all accrued penalty and interest
payments due, as well as eliminate any civil or criminal prosecution.
* The Corporate Business Tax Amnesty Program was authorized by the Illinois State Legislature
in Public Act 95-233 entitled, “Franchise Tax and License Fee Amnesty Act of 2007.”
For more information:
Business Services Department
Corporate Business Tax Amnesty Program*
February 1, 2008 - March 17, 2008